The majority of people can only dream of an opportunity to meet the pope in person. So if your dream ever comes true, you should follow the protocol.
According to protocol, men should wear any dark-colored suit with a tie when meet the pope in person. For women, there are some stricter rules: no open-toe shoes, no dresses and skirts of black color (preferably) with length below the knee, discreet jewelry, décolleté and shoulders have to be covered.
However, there are 7 women who allowed to wear white due to their status.
Those women are:
- Princess Marina of Naples;
- Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg;
- Queen Emeritus Sofia of Spain;
- Princess Charlene of Monaco;
- Queen Matilde of Belgium;
- Queen Consort Leticia of Spain;
- Queen Paola of Belgium